Menu
Davdt
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading to 150mb wifi rubbish

Since upgrading to 150mb wifi worst than when I was on 50 and 100mb . Sitting in same room as superhub on average gives me 30 mb download speed even on 5ghz any ideas ?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
lewis-brooks
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading to 150mb wifi rubbish

My advice is to use modem mode as per this post http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Cannot-port-forward-quot-53-80-88-500-30...

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Davdt

Welcome to our forum, sorry you are having problems with wireless speed. At the moment we have a problem in the area with low SNR and this may impact your speed and browsing. Our engineers are aware ref F004402977 and we are doing our best to find the source. The estimated fix date is 05 MAY 2016, please ask us for an update any time.

Also should it turn out to be just a wireless issue we have some useful wireless guides that may help.

Please keep us updated.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
Davdt
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank u tried checking for channel with least traffic . Will check for update in May
0 Kudos
Davdt
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Any news on this fix ref F004402977 and we are doing our best to find the source. The estimated fix date is 05 MAY 2016, wifi still rubbish despite trying tips and tricks ready to downgrade. Partner in Swansea has lower overall speed and the wifi download is 50 mb and stable. Mines coming in at 30 - 40mb !!!!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davdt,

Thanks for posting again. The fault has now cleared so I've checked your connection and can see that your upstream power levels are too high which will require a technician visit.

I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Davdt
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry moved house in meantime. Upgraded to 200mbps but similar issues in same room rubbish speeds 5ghz results in average 100, 2ghz about 30mbps. Do I need to organise technician to review .
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davdt,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are having issues with the broadband connection in your new property.

Looking at your connection, the upstream power levels are locked onto one channel and running too high at +58 dBmV. For this I would like to arrange for an engineer appointment to check this over for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide