Menu
GillianSouthall
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading my SuperHub

Hello,

I've recently had a speed-boost from 30meg to 70meg and was hoping I'd have luck in getting upgraded to one of the newer superhubs. I've had the superhub 1 for some time now and have always had trouble getting a strong wifi signal in the upstairs bedroom (I've even tried using a range extender with no luck!) and I know the newer hubs do the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands simultaneously which should help.

I've had a look if I'd be able to do this online with no luck, and both times I've been on the web chat I've been directed to go and speak to another team so I thought I'd try asking here instead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Gillian

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading my SuperHub

I would try ringing in and talking to Retentions (Thinking of Leaving Us option). have a friendly chat explaining how bad the wifi is on the now obsolete SH1. They should be able to upgrade you to the SH2AC or Hub 3 (I would go for the SH2AC). I would bear in mind it may tie you into a new contract, so it would be worth checking.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Gillian,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Happy

I really appreciate that you've approached the forum to address this query.

I'll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to confirm your address and I'll see if I can arrange for a replacement Hub.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gillian

Thanks again for taking the time to join us on the community and for getting in touch with us regarding the upgrade options for your Superhub.

I can see that on the 11th Jan, my colleague Heather from the forums sent a request to you for more information.

If you still need support on this, if you could please pop back to her on the pm that you can find in the up on the top right of the forums.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos