Yesterday the disconnections became extremely irritating so I decided to phone Virgin support yet again. The guy at the other end said he could see from my account records I had been having serious problems and asked me to unplug my router from the mains, remove the Virgin cable, wait then plug it in again while he did something at the other end.
He was very sympathetic and apologetic, said he would speak to someone and escalate my complaints to try and get them resolved as he felt it was probably a problem between the virgin equipment and my house since the 4 engineers who had visited me did not find anything, not that they tried very hard!
I don't know what he did but since 20:30 yesterday my connection has been stable and uninterrupted, the longest it has been so without disconnections for some time.
I'm beginning to suspect that there is something very odd going on which Virgin knows about but is not owning up to. They need to sort this out otherwise they will start losing customers, particularly now as there is more choice. Ok the 200mb is nice but you don't actually get this unless your doing a speed test since most servers you access will toddle along at pedestrian speeds. It's also ridiculously overpriced and if it's not going to work properly, not fit for purpose.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed this is the end of my Broadband torment!
Interesting development, but then it could be something as simple as a bad cable connector / connection which has now been rectified by your removal and re-connection of the cable to the hub. So many possibilities.
No I don't think it's that simple, as I said I have had 4 engineers round and this is my third router. It has worked before uninterrupted when I made a nuisance of myself with support but then after a few days started to deteriorate until I was back to square one. I'm waiting for the traffic management period between 4.0pm and 11.0 om as this is when it usually goes haywire. This has been going on since the 7th October 2016, approximately when they supposedly did my 'free' upgrade to the VIVID 200. The HUB3 has actually been worse than the 2ac's I had, the third engineer told me I was been traffic managed and this is why it was disconnecting! I pointed out to him that I had been traffic managed before and not been disconnected just slowed down. The fourth engineer told me to ask for a HUB3 as the 2ac could not cope with the higher speeds!
It does not exactly make me feel confident that Virgin engineers know what they are doing, not once did they look at my router logs etc.