Menu
ian_mac
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unstable internet

Hi Guys,

Can someone please have a look into my broadband issues please? For the past couple of years I have had Vivid broadband with Virgin which was always fine and had no issues.

A few months ago I downgraded to the SuperFibre50 broadband and ever since I have had patchy speeds and sometimes no broadband at all! When the issues happen the WiFi would connect and there is a strong signal but there doesn't seem to be anything happening when I try to go on web pages.

The past week has been particularly bad, I have had to do a hard reset on the router and factory reset it through http://192.168.0.1/ at least 4 times!

Is this what I have to look forward now with the "SuperFibre"? Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
ian_mac
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable internet

Bumping this as I am having yet another night of painfully slow internet. Both wired and on WiFi Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
ian_mac
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I know that there are a lot of messages from people complaining about the similar things but can someone from the Virgin Team please have a look into my account!?!?! The unreliableness and slowness is getting beyond a joke as I am not getting the product I pay for!

At this rate I am seriously looking at alternative providers Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

From what I have read here (someone correct me if I'm wrong), every time your message gets a reply it gets put to the back of the queue.

A reply here from virgin staff takes a few days, so you'd have probably got a reply Monday if you hadn't bumped the message..

0 Kudos
ian_mac
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheers stevedh2, hopefully that is the case. Getting fed up with rotten internet and the customer service phone line is about as useful as a wet paper bag Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello ian_mac,

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the problems with your connection, I know how frustrating this can be.

Looking at your local area I can see that we're currently in the process of resolving a fault that can be responsible for reduced speeds. The fault ref is: F004485951 and it's due for review on the 5th April.

I believe this is the cause of the problems you mention. Apologies for this, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ian_mac
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather_J

Thank you for getting back to me. Are you able to tell me when the fault was first discovered and why it is going to take so long to fix? My internet has been terrible for quite a few months now and I am coming to the end of my tether.

So basically by the sounds of it I am going to have terrible internet till April? Smiley Sad

Thanks,

Ian.

0 Kudos