Menu
JatKVM
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unstable internet connection - Multiple disconnections every hour.

Hey guys,

Currently having an issue with my Virgin Media line. I am currently using the Super Hub 3.0 (The latest?) and I am on HomeWorks (the 300MB package). My internet tends to disconnect upwards of multiple times an hour, sometimes it's just the once, other times it can be 2-3 times. This is affecting both my wired and wireless devices. I've had a pretty unstable connection for a while now (months even), though it's never been this bad. Previously it would d/c maybe 1-10 times a day for a short period of time (30 seconds - 2 minutes then reconnects) but now, it's a lot worse and there are easily upwards of 30+ disconnections a day. 

I work from home so this can be pretty frustrating. If anyone has some advice that would be great. My superhub is currently set up in Modem Mode and it's connected to NETGEAR R8000-100UKS Nighthawk X6 AC3200 (which was purchased fairly recently, in the last month I'd say?)

Checking my service status page, this is what I see:

Virgin Media Service Status.JPG

I do not believe that any of these issues could be causing it to performing this poorly, but perhaps I am wrong. I read some other threads where users have asked for some specific technical information about the Router Status page, so I will attach all of that too.

Router Status 01.JPGRouter Status 02.JPGRouter Status 03.JPGRouter Status 04.JPGRouter Status 05.JPGRouter Status 06.JPGRouter Status 07.JPGRouter Status 08.JPGRouter Status 09.JPGRouter Status 10.JPGIf anyone has any idea as to what's going on, or whether I should remove some of these images. Would be much appreciated if you could let me know. I've reset the hub, as well as run the diagnostic tool on the site but the issue still seems to be apparent. It's actually gone down 2x in the time it took me to type out this post.

Cheers,

Jat

0 Kudos
JatKVM
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable internet connection - Multiple disconnections every hour.

Bump

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hiya @JatKVM that's very inadvisable here, since the forum admin answer oldest first not top down.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
JatKVM
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah gotcha, wasn't sure as I hadn't heard anything and noticed it was a few pages back now. Haha, oh well. I'll give them a bell. 

0 Kudos
JatKVM
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey guys,

I've managed to solve the issue. Doesn't look like it was on your end, but a buffer problem with my router. I was following instructions from this twitter thread if anyone is curious:

https://twitter.com/SOLDIERCIDE/status/792508305927274496

Follow the thread from there! 

0 Kudos