Menu
ashrafulaqil
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unstable connection

Hi,

I'm currently experiencing unstable wifi connection. Everyday from 8-11pm me and my housemates have to deal with this kind of situation. It's not about the wifi signal since the router is in my friend's room and he also has this problem. The image below shows how unstable it is and sometimes it spikes to more than 2000ms. It's very troublesome because this is the only free time we have to play online games and it can ruin everyone's mood!

I've turned it off and on, put the router far away from other electronics and have the same result. I called the Virgin Media team, they ran a test and said everything's fine. Didn't even get to any of the technician, just the automated one. Really hope the community can help solve the issue because it seems like I couldn't get in touch with any of the tech expertise in Virgin Media.

Not a great feeling when youre playing online gamesNot a great feeling when youre playing online games

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable connection

So we can help us to help you, can you

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.

0 Kudos
ashrafulaqil
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

DownstreamDownstreamNetwork LogNetwork LogUpstreamUpstream

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Downstream power levels are too high, which can cause the issue you are seeing. You'll likely need an engineer out. Ill flag for staff, but it will be Monday before you get a reply

ashrafulaqil
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much. Really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ashrafulaqil,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times (F004386261), although this shouldn't cause nearly as much trouble as you've described.

As Kippies has said, there's an issue with your Downstream Power levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
paulmarie
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

sorry to jump to this post but I dont seem to be getting any response on my problem posted last wednesday: timeouts up to 14 now & post rs errors still going up, thanks for any advice

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Network-amp-Wifi-Issues/m-p/3334851/high...

0 Kudos