Menu
lambey332
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unstable Ping

Hi There, getting a lot of ping problems. I play a lot of games for money in tournaments, so far I'm down £2200 on what I could have won if not for horribly timed lag spikes.

Ping is shooting from 28ms to 400+ (ive attached a screenshot below of my tracert to league of legends euw server).

as you can see below, its spiking up to 442ms and 426 ms at times. This isn't their servers either, go and look in the gaming community section and its a massive problem. Can we please get some sort of response? its been ongoing for over a month now and when calling up I get little to no help. 

Capture3.PNG

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable Ping

Are you connected wired or wirelessly?

There is nothing wrong with your tracert as it is the final hop thay counts. Intermediate servers can be configured to treat ICMP echo requests as low prioriy or completely ignore them completely.

Starting a Broadband Quality Monitor here would give you a more detailed picture on how your connection is performing than a single tracert taken in a  split seond in time.

0 Kudos
lambey332
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable Ping

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/8bd98ced28784d50e86ade0b34eb83a0.html

I'm currently connected wirelessly and cannot connect through wire as the router is located elsewhere in the house. 

0 Kudos