Menu
Freckles123
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unable to switch off wi-fi

Hi all I have just switched over to modem only mode in my VM Superhub as have upgraded to a ASUS RT-AC87U router for improved range and speeds. No problems getting it all setup. But I noticed straight away that the VM wifi network was still there and all my devices still connected to it. The wi-fi light on the VM hub was off but I held down the button for 6 or more seconds in any case, which is supposed to be the hard method of switching off the wi-fi. No change. I then switched the VM hub back to router + modem mode so i could switch off the wi-fi in the settings, which I did. But the VM wi-fi network was still there! I've now switched back to modem only mode. I'm not too bothered about it but would like to be able to turn it off to reduce power consumption. Am I doing something wrong or is the superhub broken? Any suggestions really appreciated. Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to switch off wi-fi

Hey there Freckles123,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to hear about the issues with your Superhub! I can't say I've heard of this fault before, but it's certainly a fault!

Let's get it replaced for you. I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to confirm your address.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos