Menu
Conchiyellon
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to set up virgin media my account on my mb

I have very poor mobile phone reception In my home and have to use Wi-Fi calling. The instructions on the app say that I have to turn off Wi-Fi but then I cannot have reception on 3G or 4G so cannot activate the app. Is there any other way of doing the activation of the app without having to go somewhere else than my home ?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to set up virgin media my account on my mb

Hi Conchiyellon, 

Sorry to hear you're having problems using a WiFi calling App. Please may I know what app you are trying to use to make these calls? 

If the app requires authentication over a mobile network then you will need to be in an area where you can pick up coverage. 

I have been unable to locate your Virgin Mobile account based on your forum details so I will send you a private message (top right hand side of your screen) to see if I can check out your coverage and give you further advice. 

Many thanks 

Mike

0 Kudos
Conchiyellon
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have answered your private message but forgot to say the app I am trying to install on my mobile is the Virgin media my account app
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Conchiyellon, 

Thanks for getting back in touch and providing that information to us. 

The Virgin Mobile My Account app is currently used for Virgin Mobile customers and is not available to anyone using other networks. There are currently no apps that Virgin Media offer that allow you to do Wi-Fi calling so it may be worth getting in touch with Vodafone to see if they can assist you further if they have one.

If you need anymore information feel free to let me know 

Many Thanks 

Mike

0 Kudos