Menu
Highlighted
LAA2017
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unable to install Samsung j5 - router problem

Has anyone managed to solve the problem of the wifi continuing problem of wifi continuing to drop out?  I bought a Samsung j5 today and when trying to connect to wifi I keep getting message 'authentication error occurred'and on investigating found out wifi kept dropping out.   This also occurred with an LG K8 phone and becaus It seemed it seemed to be a common problem, I bought another phone.  Then when the problem still happened I found this site and realised it is more than likely to be a problem with the virgin media router.  I have tried ways to ratify but no luck.  I am not paticularly technically mind so am struggling on what to do now.  I have changed passwords in super hub , as well as other things, but to no success.

if anyone could explain in laymans terms what I can try next I would really appreciate it.  Many thanks.  Otherwise I will have to contact virgin but am worried that I will get lost in the explanation.

many thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to install Samsung j5 - router problem

Hi LAA2017,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Forum Smiley Very Happy

Apologies for the wireless connection problems you're experiencing. I wonder if you've been through all of your wireless channels? We need to find the channel that performs best in your environment.

Please let us know if this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos