Menu
DaBodin
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to forward UDP port 53 on Hub 3

Hey,

I've been unable to forward the port 53 (UDP) for an internal DNS server that I'm running in my little home-office-business-place, and I have the standard home (not business) Hub 3.0, which complains about port 53 being "reserved". 

When I used to have the previous Hub, I used telnet to open specific ports that it complained about (though it was much easier to deal with, than this 3.0 garbage). Also, on a side note, 3.0 is much harder to physically open (I almost broke the case).

Basically, is there any way to forward port 53 on Hub 3.0 (also, telnet isn't available, I checked) without it complaining about it being "reserved"?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
legacy1
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to forward UDP port 53 on Hub 3

modem mode on the hub 3 should give you what you want.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi DaBodin,

Please don't open up or tamper with the equipment in any way. The hubs are property of Virgin Media and any damage could result in additional charges to your account. 

Thank you

John

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
DaBodin
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sure, not a problem, won't touch their precious gems. In fact, BT said the same thing, then we left them, they didn't ask for their stuff back, now its just rotting in the shed.

Back to the original question, does anyone know how to get around Virgin's stupid "reserved" list? I also tried port 25 for the mail server, it still complains about it.

Telnet also seems to be non-existent in 3.0

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

modem mode on the hub 3 should give you what you want.

0 Kudos
DaBodin
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah, thanks, modem mode works fine with Cisco RV215W that I just digged up in my cupboard (probably showed it in there when we moved a year ago).
0 Kudos