Menu
Danielle218
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to connect to wifi

After an update on my laptop (windows 10) I have been unable to connect to my saved network. This was a few months ago. I have been connecting to my modem via Ethernet cable but getting quite fed up of this. So logging on without Ethernet it tells me 'not connected' and when I click on my network it asks me for a username. I have never had to enter a username, and don't recall setting one up, only the passcode found on the modem. No idea what to do.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to connect to wifi

forget the saved network on the laptop and start again 

Tony
0 Kudos
Danielle218
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I tried this and it continues to ask for a username with password
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

what passcode on the modem/router - there are at least 2 - one will be changeme if the router is set to default - that gets you into the settings - the second one is the wifi password - again if you have not changed that it should be printed on the label on the base of the hub - if you have entered that correctly as displayed on the base of the hub then it must be that you have changed it in the past or there is some fault/corruption

easy way is to reset the SH - hold the reset button in a good 30sec - dont guess - time it and add a bit - once you have done that the wifi password WILL be whats printed on the label - if it is not then you have not held the button in long enough or the hub is faulty - if the latter VM will change it

be aware that resetting the hub will change any other settings you have modified back to default

assuming that all works [again] forget the network on the laptop and set it up again - win 10 should find the ssid - again thats printed on the base of the hub - it should then ask for the password which hopefully is now the default one and you should connect - set it to connect automatically and you should not be asked for the password again

if you want your own SSID and password then you need to log into the hub and set them - then change the laptop to those new settings

Tony
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Daniella218,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Very Happy

Apologies for the connection problems. Have you had much success following Tony' advice?

Hope you're back up and running now, if you need anything else, just ask.

Thanks again and take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos