Menu
StoneFist
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unable to connect phone to Wifi after installing gigabit switch

Hi everybody.
This is my first post here and straight with problems. I've purchased yesterday NETGEAR ProSafe GS108 Network Switch - 8-Port and installed it to my Super Hub. Well and that's where my wifi problem starts. Both mine and my partners phones ( galaxy s7 edge and galaxy s8+ ) started having issues and loosing connection with router. Suprisingly laptop and tablet are working just fine. Today for a quick test I've unpluged lan cable from router to switch and phones started working ok again. Before I was using old bt router as switch and everything was ok. I've already restarted super hub but no joy there.

Anyone got any idea why this is happening and how to fix this problem? I need switch as I'm using lan connection to PC and Xbox.

Cheers Oscar
0 Kudos
Tracy22
Just joined
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to connect phone to Wifi after installing gigabit switch

I have the same issue, the stupid broadband Hub is flashing green and I called virgin media they put me on hold for over 30 mins and still no answer.
They said the technician will be there on Wednesday. Imagine ?? Wednesday that’s a whole 5 days I’m leaving them and moving on their customer service is so crap.
0 Kudos
StoneFist
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well I didn't notice anything happening with my router. Just phones have lost connection with wifi and a other devices where working as normal. A little bit strange. I've left switch disconnected for now but need to get this sorted ASAP.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear about this StoneFist,

I've located your details and I'm unable to find any active faults relating to this at the moment.

Have you tried Changing your Virgin Media Hub's wireless channel in order to potentially improve this type of connection?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
mr_ian
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Which SH and how many ethernet devices connected.  People have reported problems with lots of devices on SH3..  Since it's an unmanaged switch it should have zero effect on eithernet or Wifi.

0 Kudos
whitehoose
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If disconnecting the switch clears the problem - that seems to be the problem not the superhub.

If you only have two ethernet devices (+tivo?) why do you need the switch - what else connects to theVM Hub?

0 Kudos
StoneFist
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Because my router is downstairs near livingroom and my gaming room is on 1st floor in oposite side of house. That's why it is easier to get single lan cable to attic and put switch there and route cables through attic to each room as needed.
0 Kudos