Menu
gnu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to Connect after Windows 10 update - reply

Hi, I've been having this losing DNS problem (though I can't be sure it's the Win 10 update). It has only affected my hardwired Win 10 PC - WiFi connected devices continue to work ok. I've fixed it twice now doing a DNS flush/ register/ release/ renew at the command prompt, similar to that described in the subject sticky. However, the fact I've now had to do it a second time in a couple of days suggests it's systemic. If there a long term fix? Or are Windows or Virgin planning on patching this error, or perhaps the advice just to roll back to the previous version of Win 10? gnu   

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to Connect after Windows 10 update - reply

What version of windows 10 update... I have 14965 which totally messes up my internet..basically it conflicts with my AV software, and the only fix is either to undo the update, or disable (although that doesn't fully work and I sometimes need to fully exit it) the AV software. Plenty of complaints about it on Microsoft. anyway even if it isnt try disabling your AV to see if it makes a difference... BTW I haven't had any issues with earlier versions of windows 10, and as the one I'm running is actually a beta version its not officially supported anyway
0 Kudos
gnu
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to Connect after Windows 10 update - reply

Steve, thanks for the response. Win 10 OS build #14393. You seem way ahead of me with your beta. Don't fancy disabling the AV as others use the computer who aren't that tech minded. I'll see how it goes and roll back from the update if it keeps happening. Thankfully most of the devices on the LAN aren't Windows! gnu    

0 Kudos