Menu
Ballisticpete
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

USING AMAZON DOT DROPS INTERNET CONNECTION

My Amazon Dot causes internet connection to drop out on all PCs when streaming music to Bluetooth sound bar. Resetting modem/router brings internet back on again ,but it drops out again when Dot used .

All other PCs work fine with no problems and also use Amazon Echo to stream music and this is faultless with no drop out of internet.

Has any any ideas on what is causing this

J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: USING AMAZON DOT DROPS INTERNET CONNECTION

At a guess your using 2.4ghz wifi, if so it's a known issue, if you can use 5Ghz wifi insted
0 Kudos
Ballisticpete
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I am using 5 GHZ wireless connection with all my PCs, Amazon Echo and Dot. I also forgot to mention that this only happens when using Dot and Bluetooth speaker in my lounge .Dot works fine upstairs using internal speaker and it does not drop my internet connection at all

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Ok two thing and I'm out

One try resting the tap

Two if you are using peer to peer or ad hoc wifi network it won't work, not supported

Sadly after that it's beyond me Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Someone pulled it to bits (the echo dot, that is). HTH.

Not oly that, they show you how to do it.

My guess is that it would be much the same as the old one.

Robot wink

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ballisticpete, 

Thanks for choosing our forums to post and let us know you're having problems with your Amazon Echo Dot. 
I can see that you've already received support from our community! Which is great because I'm not entirely familiar with this product myself.

Just to be safe, I have run some network diagnostics from here and I can gladly confirm I have eliminated the possibility of a connection issue being the potential cause to your issues with the Amazon Echo Dot.

If you do manage to resolve this, we would appreciate it if you could post your work around for this on our forums, that way it would be beneficial to other customers having similar issues in the future.

All the best, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dpsoftware
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem. Here is my solution:

http://www.dpsoftware.com/echodot

Hope it helps.

sigmeg
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Pretty much the same issue for me here. As soon as I start playing music on the Echo Dot through bluetooth speakers, the entire 5g wifi network goes down. Same issue if using the 2.4g.

The network was pretty stable before the introduction of the Echo Dot so it all points to the little device. Saying that, the router should cope better and not fall over the way it does. I wonder if more generic wifi routers cope better?

So unfortunately I'm not offering any solutions at this stage, just frustration. I can see a post further down with a static IP solution. Really not sure how that would help but will give it a go.

0 Kudos
w4zon
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I'm having same problem every time I connect to my home cinema by Bluetooth my dot losing wifi connection, I tryed everything even that thing from post above and nothing Is there anything else I can try?

0 Kudos
dpsoftware
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It might be a bit early to say for sure that this has fixed it but I have been listening over bluetooth for a couple of hours:

In SuperHub settings go to advanced settings, wireless radio - set 5GHz wireless mode to "up to 54Mbps". Mine was previously on 217Mbps. Obviously then set up echo dot to use 5GHz network.