Menu
danielangcm
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Two (2) days outage and counting

I've just joined Virgin Media, and after about nearly a month, I've suffered 2 days of outage at CR3, in a row since yesterday morning.

The problem started yesterday morning and my Super Hub SH3 seems to have lost connection (green blinking arrows with a steady green light below). It is in modem mode.

Is there actually a fault in the area? And if so, can I have the reference number please? (earlier today, my Service Status showed there were no issues)

Has anyone suffered similar issues with SH3 giving up the ghost?

I am sorry to say that I am beginning to regret moving to Virgin Media. Although I have had to put up with 5Mbps downloads previously (no FTTC in this area), I have never ever had a fault which lasts more than a few minutes. 

If this is a modem related issue, is the SuperHub 2AC more stable?

I have also performed a hard reset on the modem - no joy.

BTW, it is rather embarrassing that "My Virgin Media" is down and is being redirected to "https://my.virginmedia.com/holding/". I guess Virgin Media has bigger problems on their hands. Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
danielangcm
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Two (2) days outage and counting

So after 7 days, a senior engineer (the same person that installed the service) came around. He immediately said that there was at least one other house nearby that had the same outage. He said it was due to some maintenance being done in the cabinet and someone could have placed my line "to a lower tap(?)" and said that could have affected the signal levels.

Interestingly enough he also had to replace a cable in the junction box right on the border of my driveway. That cable had been in the same state it was since many years ago.

Anyway I'm glad it has resolve the issue- after seven days and several calls.

0 Kudos

All Replies
eggfriedcheese
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey danielangcm,

It sounds like you've had a bit of a nightmare with your service, and that's not good.

Unfortunately, outages will happen. Virgin can't physically provide 100% uptime, due to the technology. It's a shame, but there's nothing much that can be done.

I know as an agent that there have been issues with myvm and they are working to fix it by the end of today (15/02/2017) and I can see that outage through my own personal account.

Regarding checking for outages in your area, the service status should still be accessable. Try http://virg.in/service

Let us know if it works, and keep us updated on the situation
Dan
Views expressed are solely my own, and do not reflect on Virgin Media directly
If however you feel that my answer is helpful or informative, please click the kudos button below!
0 Kudos
danielangcm
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks eggfriedcheese.

Just so Virgin Media is aware, this is my 5th day without any Internet since the outage on Monday morning! I cannot recall throughout my life where I've had to endure more than a few hour's of outage. I understand this isn't a business grade package, but this is simply unacceptable. I am beginning to think that it would have been far better to have kept my slow but stable ADSL broadband. I am having to spend my mobile phone's data to tether which is coming up to 80% of the month's usage in just a few days.

There has not been any other locally reported issues - this has been confirmed by the Technical team and by the Service Status website.

An engineer has been booked for Monday afternoon and that was the earliest. I've been calling nearly everyday to see if there's any cancellation. So far none. I've been told that I will get a text if there is a cancellation, but no joy so far. It is Friday now, and very few engineers work during the weekends, I am told. 

The Super Hub 3 modem is able to exchange signals with VM but the base LED keeps blinking green. Occasionally, the two arrows blink, but that's about it.

This is my only avenue that I can vent my frustration...

Thank you for reading this.

0 Kudos
danielangcm
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

So after 7 days, a senior engineer (the same person that installed the service) came around. He immediately said that there was at least one other house nearby that had the same outage. He said it was due to some maintenance being done in the cabinet and someone could have placed my line "to a lower tap(?)" and said that could have affected the signal levels.

Interestingly enough he also had to replace a cable in the junction box right on the border of my driveway. That cable had been in the same state it was since many years ago.

Anyway I'm glad it has resolve the issue- after seven days and several calls.

0 Kudos