Menu
HFapril3
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tv no longer connects

Recently both the smart Tv's (Samsung's) in my house cannot connect to my Virgin Hub 3 router.

No BBC Player etc 

Up until last week both connected fine but now when the TV searches for a network I get -

Network found but unable to use this network

The strange thing is that my phone and I pad still connect ok.

I have tried restarting the router

any ideas ??

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tv no longer connects

samsung TVs are like that - poor reputation for connectivity // reliability - and for their support guys being hard to contact. The TVs have remote diagnostics but that's of no use if you cannot speak to anyone able to run them of cannot get the TV back online.

& like other smart tvs, everything activates via the Samsung's servers, so iif they go down,  all your smart apps bug out until they come back online.

same issue with Sony but sony servers are even less reliable. 

The lack of an actual OFF switch does not help - all the remote does is toggle standby.

So 1st step recommended fix once any of the "smart" features decide to play "dumb" is usually to pull the mains plug out at the wall , or out of the back of the TV, wait a while, plug back in...

I've needed to do that a couple of times.

If still no joy there are more drastic reset options in the menus, but beware of e.g. smart hub reset as that one deletes all of your logins & passwords for netflix etc..

But they have a great PLEX client app , totally free, that can direct play pretty much anything you throw at it. For all else we use a ROKU instead, though the onboard Netflix is pretty good.

0 Kudos

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

try putting the wifi password in the tv again
0 Kudos
HFapril3
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry the TV is now unable to find a network

0 Kudos
HFapril3
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

phone and iPad still working with the network OK

0 Kudos
HFapril3
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have since spoken to the Samsung helpline.

They talked me through a full reset of the TV which has now resolved the issue

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

samsung TVs are like that - poor reputation for connectivity // reliability - and for their support guys being hard to contact. The TVs have remote diagnostics but that's of no use if you cannot speak to anyone able to run them of cannot get the TV back online.

& like other smart tvs, everything activates via the Samsung's servers, so iif they go down,  all your smart apps bug out until they come back online.

same issue with Sony but sony servers are even less reliable. 

The lack of an actual OFF switch does not help - all the remote does is toggle standby.

So 1st step recommended fix once any of the "smart" features decide to play "dumb" is usually to pull the mains plug out at the wall , or out of the back of the TV, wait a while, plug back in...

I've needed to do that a couple of times.

If still no joy there are more drastic reset options in the menus, but beware of e.g. smart hub reset as that one deletes all of your logins & passwords for netflix etc..

But they have a great PLEX client app , totally free, that can direct play pretty much anything you throw at it. For all else we use a ROKU instead, though the onboard Netflix is pretty good.

0 Kudos