Menu
Emwol2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Turning off devices on wifi

Hi can anyone tell me how to turn devices off on the wifi via the router? Sick of my teenage son sneaking on the Xbox until stupid hours of the morning! Tried to log in to the hub but it keeps saying password is wrong - have reset the router to reset password but still can't log in..
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Turning off devices on wifi

Hey Emwol2,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're having difficulties in logging into your Hub.

All the info you need is on your Hub, please make sure you're not mixing the Wi-Fi password and the Settings password up. You'll find more info on this link on how to log in and change the access password.

When you're logged in, this link will show you how to change the wireless password, if you want too.

As for limiting the time your son has access, you'll either have to change the wireless password to remove his devices or completely turn off your Hub, but then no devices will have access.

I hope this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
LunaBlue
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I put my kids on the guest network and give them their own password (Virgin hub 3.0). It's a bit of a pain because you have to re-enable it manually but you can set if to switch off at a set-time/date of your choice and it wont interfere with the rest of the wifi. When I was with Sky I just put certain mac addresses (the kids) on a set timetable and the router did the work.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

you can set time limits using the mac addresses -> http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Set-internet-time-limit-for-child/m-p/31388... hope this helps, i think you can also set time limits ont he xbox guide -> http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/security/xbox-live-parental-control but i'm sure they can quickly get around that
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos