Menu
slappy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Total outage and 7 days to fix is ridiculous PR7

PR7 area – nothing show on your status page as an issue at all

I am on homeworks 300 and got this because surprise, surprise I work from home.

I have worked in IT for 20+ years and cannot imagine anything that takes a week to fix. Your network support said it’s a complex issue. If it’s so complex that it takes a week to fix then fire the staff and get decent ones who know what they are doing.

I realise it’s not a business account with SLA`s but surely the whole of PR7 can`t be affected?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Total outage and 7 days to fix is ridiculous PR7

if its a fibre cable that is cut and need permission from council etc.. that could cause a large scale delay.. not just a matter of typing some cisco IOS commands, other possibles could be CMTS has went down no-replacement in stock and backup route is down etc..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
slappy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Its a SNR issue, its working one min and not the next. had similar in the past and they stuck an attenuator on the back of modem, this is apparently an issue in the area although nothing shows on the status site.

0 Kudos
slappy
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

btw my signal levels look fine
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

slappy wrote:

Its a SNR issue, its working one min and not the next. had similar in the past and they stuck an attenuator on the back of modem, this is apparently an issue in the area although nothing shows on the status site.

Intermittent SNR/FEC issues can be the worst and invariably only relate to 1 or 2 adjacent cable segments which ultimately means at worst case only affecting a few hundred (partially) users and don't make the 1000's threshold for Priority 1 (outage) on the Service Status Page.

Usually this type of noise/symptom only takes upto months rather than years (for utilisation/capacity relief) but sometimes a rogue user that has done a DIY cable extension.

Hopefully for you - only a few weeks inconvenience at most?   ....but 7 days is diddly squat .....   Smiley Wink

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
slappy
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

if it goes on for more than 7 days they can come and collect there kit or it goes in the bin

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

slappy wrote:

if it goes on for more than 7 days they can come and collect there kit or it goes in the bin

As a reality adjustment then it can take (currently) upto 12 days to get an answer via forum so perhaps you might want to consider directing that ultimatum to UK Retentions via 150/345 454 1111 and/or recorded delivery to  VM at Cardiff or Hook?   Smiley Wink

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi slappy, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and there was a fault with SNR and FECS, this has now been resolved. Apologies for the delay in getting this issue resolved. 

I have taken a look and it seems that the fault has left your downstream power levels too high. I would like to get an engineer out to correct this for you. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos