Menu
Bailey60
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Total internet stoppage

Hello, since yesterday morning we have had no Broadband at all, this stopped while engineers were working on a green pavement cabinet.We have been told it will be at least a week before an engineer can visit to see the problem. Thing is I need the internet to satisfy my JobCentre contract and receive my Job seekers allowance etc. Is there now way an engineer cannot come out today, and if not can I claim back any sanctions received due to the failure of Virgin Media? I am currently using an internet cafe which is getting expensive.

0 Kudos
Bailey60
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Total internet stoppage

This is bloody disgusting behavior by such a company as Virgin. The point is, this was caused when your own engineers worked on box a few yards away in the street. We were told Broadband will be back on by 14:15 (Tuesday 14/2/2017) on the phone, it never came back on. Last time you did this we were receiving other people's phone calls. This time no incoming calls or Broadband. This will lead to my Job Seekers allowance being sanctioned because I an no longer able to able to properly respond to online instructions or job search when not in an internet cafe that is costing me money. The last time the Sanctions amounted to six months (around eighteen hundred pounds) but I had savings then to live on then. This time I do not, so your own fault created by your own engineers is now causing acute suffering and stress, this time I will have to starve as there is no other money to live on, and all because you crated the fault in the first place. Why should we starve because you engineers are inept and cause these problems all to often?? This is not the first time this has happened. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Total internet stoppage

Hello there Bailey60,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about your recent connection problems and all the inconvenience caused. I really want to look into this for you, but I'm unable to locate your account. I'll just need to quickly confirm additional info via PM (purple envelope, top right).

Catch you soon,

Take care.  

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos