Menu
reddwarf4ever
Up to speed
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Timer for internet control

I was told by virgin support that they could set up an internet timer to restrict internet access, but when I phoned back to arrange it, I was told it could not be done.

cant do,it on the router as it could be easily reset with a paper clip.

I tried internet access controller by gearbox computers but can't get it to work...maybe someone else could try this....then tried bit defender and some others meant to be free, but they just keep putting me on a free trial, so annoying...I hoped virgin child safe would do what I need...but not sure it does.....would like virgin to add an internet timer to their child safe feature....would be excellent

i need software to,set up a daily timer for ALL internet access....I tried

0 Kudos
Tsar
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Timer for internet control

Who do you want the access restriction to apply to? Your child? If you give some more information you may get some suggestions.

0 Kudos
reddwarf4ever
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Timer for internet control

yes for a child....and virgin were no help whatsoever...promised to contact me with info re if they could do a timer on the server....but nothing.....most of the support staff do not understand the basics of a question....it's really frustrating..

found my my own solution...best method is use the FREE K9 web security to set up an internet timer and web site filtering....can't be uninstalleor circumvented on a pc without the password... the iPad is more difficult, thanks to Apple locking so much down, but using Qustodio FREE version one device for one user can be internet timed need to set restrictions with passkey, disable app removal etc....so I have my answers, something I had hoped virgin would help me with.....Virgin should make something similar to K9 and Qustodio free for its customers....

0 Kudos