Menu
Snootyooty
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Terrible internet

I have the original Superhub that is 6 years old.
We should have the 100 speed but we get nothing like that.
We keep losing our connection. My son set up another router to help but we still have lots of problems. He is a computer expert and says our current hub is not up to
the job.
We pay £145 for our services with Virgin media and this issue is getting me down. It's like being in the dark ages at times.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
eggfriedcheese
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Terrible internet

Hey Snootyooty,

Sounds like it's been a while since you called to review the account. Could be that you're paying more for your service than could be offered (I'm a part of the customer relations teams as an agent, not part of the Forum teams so can only give advice).

May be worth you giving the team in Customer Relations a call. 0345 454 1111 / 150 from a virgin landline (Option 1, 4, 5).

They will look to review your account, and build a package for you based on your needs. This may include an upgrade to your service, and possibly an upgrade to your equipment as well. (Standard £14.99 activation fee is charged with any new equipment sent).

Bear in mind, any package changes would incur a mimimum new 12 month contract, however, the ins and outs will be discussed on the call

Lets us know how it goes.
Dan
Views expressed are solely my own, and do not reflect on Virgin Media directly
If however you feel that my answer is helpful or informative, please click the kudos button below!

All Replies
eggfriedcheese
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Snootyooty,

Sounds like it's been a while since you called to review the account. Could be that you're paying more for your service than could be offered (I'm a part of the customer relations teams as an agent, not part of the Forum teams so can only give advice).

May be worth you giving the team in Customer Relations a call. 0345 454 1111 / 150 from a virgin landline (Option 1, 4, 5).

They will look to review your account, and build a package for you based on your needs. This may include an upgrade to your service, and possibly an upgrade to your equipment as well. (Standard £14.99 activation fee is charged with any new equipment sent).

Bear in mind, any package changes would incur a mimimum new 12 month contract, however, the ins and outs will be discussed on the call

Lets us know how it goes.
Dan
Views expressed are solely my own, and do not reflect on Virgin Media directly
If however you feel that my answer is helpful or informative, please click the kudos button below!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The SH1 should be able to handle 100Mbps in Modem mode. However, it is obsolete now so it may be worth upgrading, bearing in mind that upgrading may not solve your problems.

I assume the hub is in modem mode and your other router is handlimg the wireless and routing functions.

What make / model is the other router?

Are you connecting wired or wirelessly?

If wireless I would check the speed wired to the router, during the day and during evening peak times, ensuring that there are no active QoS settings on the router.

0 Kudos
Snootyooty
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Dan,

Sorry that it has taken so long for me to reply. Today I was so fed up with the internet dropping off.

I took your advice and called Virgin. I spoke to a very helpful young lady called Simone.

I am getting a new Hub and box. My package has been changed and I am receiving a discount.

So hopefully the new hub will sort my problems.

Many Thanks for your help and advice.

Regards,

Sharon

whyowhyowhy
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I wouldn't bank on it - getting Hub 3.0 and a speed upgrade was the start of all mine.

0 Kudos