Menu
pdj999
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Terrible Broadband speeds

Hi

I have 100Mbs, sorry I mean I pay for 100Mbs. 

The performance at "peak" times is dreadful, last week I was struggling to hit 1Mbs, hard patched into the router. Online chat with VM resulted in a cut and paste reply from them 

Ignatius:

I have checked and confirmed that there is indeed a fault in your area which would cause slow speeds mostly during peak hours. We do have our network team working on the fault which would be fixed anytime between now and the 29th of March. . I have checked and confirmed that there is indeed a fault in your area which would cause slow speeds mostly during peak hours. If the fault continues to happen in the next month too, you will need to contact our team for the credit to be applied.

I imagine the fault is an over sold service. I have a reference number and the princely sum of £8 credited.

F003933493.

I think it's time for me to cancel and move to BT as the VM customer service is dreadful. This guy refused to get someone to phone me - if I want to talk I have to call and hang on the line. 

Before I cancel just wondered if anyone had any tails of actually resolving an issue like this.

thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible Broadband speeds

Hello pdj999,

Thanks for getting in touch with us, nice to hear from you Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're experiencing, I know this can be frustrating.

Checking your connection I can see the fault in your area which is being reviewed on the 29th March. As you know while this is on-going you might notice that your speed is reduced during peak time hours.

If you keep in touch with us we will be more than happy to provide progress updates and help with anything else.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
pdj999
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible Broadband speeds

Wow a reply from Virgin after all this time.
After being a customer for so many years I find it really sad that you think it is ok to provide a solution to a problem that first occurred in November some 5 months later. Especially as the problem is purely down to your greed at over selling without the infrastructure.
I have found a quicker solution in case anyone else has the same problem - I've cancelled my contract and moved to BT.
I am actually sad to go as I like Virgin as a brand but your service and attitude is just not good enough.
0 Kudos