Menu
StevieO
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

TV to wireless network issue - should I reset the router?

My smart TV has been unable to connect to the internet for several days now. My PC and tablet have no problem. The company I bought my smart TV from has suggested I reset my Superhub 1 router. What will happen to my PC and tablet connections if I do this? In other words, if I reset my Superhub will I subsequently have to reconfigure my PC and tablet settings for wireless connection again. If so, how easy will that be? Grateful for any lead here. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV to wireless network issue - should I reset the router?

Unless you have setup port forwarding or changed the wifi password resetting won't break anything.

However, how is your smart tv connected to the hub, wired or via wifi ?

Also have you checked the tv settings to make sure nothing got messed up there.

with the Hub

1st just try switching the hub off for a few seconds and switching it on again, that wont change any settings at all.

you can always try a pinhole reset, although this will loose any settings you have changed, but as mentioned before, it wont mess up any of the original default settings the hub came with.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It may be worth getting a wifi scanning app to see if you have any conflicts from neighbours wifi, also I assume you haven't recently get a baby alarm or anything else that could conflict with the wifi.

Can the TV see the hub at all ?

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Bluetooth can interfere with wifi, but the effects should be minimal.

What I mean is on the tv's network page does it allow you to select the superhub and enter its network key ?

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The tv should have a network status page which shows its ip. If it has an ip starting with 192.168.0 then it has been setup correctly with the right pw etc.

hmm

0 Kudos

All Replies
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unless you have setup port forwarding or changed the wifi password resetting won't break anything.

However, how is your smart tv connected to the hub, wired or via wifi ?

Also have you checked the tv settings to make sure nothing got messed up there.

with the Hub

1st just try switching the hub off for a few seconds and switching it on again, that wont change any settings at all.

you can always try a pinhole reset, although this will loose any settings you have changed, but as mentioned before, it wont mess up any of the original default settings the hub came with.

0 Kudos
StevieO
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response. The TVs is connected wirelessly.

I have been through TV reset in a Samsung chat. I've switched the hub on and off.

I guess I may now have to take the plunge by trying the pinhole reset.

Strange this has suddenly happened as I've been using the hub without any real issue for a few years. Could be because I was trying to establish a Bluetooth link between my headphones and the TV. 

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It may be worth getting a wifi scanning app to see if you have any conflicts from neighbours wifi, also I assume you haven't recently get a baby alarm or anything else that could conflict with the wifi.

Can the TV see the hub at all ?

0 Kudos
StevieO
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No baby alarm. Recently-purchased Bluetooth wireless headphones? Tried to pair these several times with the TV (to no avail). Bluetooth adaptor for the PC upstairs which did allow for successful pairing of the headphones, but also now that doesn't connect as it di before. I get the array of apps up on screen, but getting beyond that brings up the network issue message. Thanks again for you support.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Bluetooth can interfere with wifi, but the effects should be minimal.

What I mean is on the tv's network page does it allow you to select the superhub and enter its network key ?

0 Kudos
StevieO
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes. It's apparently tied with the virgin router. One thing though might be that, during the tv reset process, For security key Samsung advisor told me to enter the four digit pinI have. Should I have entered the hub password at that point, I wonder. Having said that, there have been a couple of short-lived eureka moments when it seemed that I-player was going to work again. It seized up though and next time it the network connection message came up again, as it does every time I try to connect to I player or itvhub or talk talk to via the app icons. 

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The tv should have a network status page which shows its ip. If it has an ip starting with 192.168.0 then it has been setup correctly with the right pw etc.

hmm

0 Kudos
StevieO
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

When I say it's connected to the hub, well that's what I did during the tv reset process, anyway. However, when checking network settings from menu, after the TV reset, it doesn't establish the connection. (All my numbers, by the way, including IP, are zeros, but hat was OK as far as the Samsung adviser was concerned.)

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ok, do you still have the manual for your tv, could you follow whatever steps it says to connect your tv to wifi again.

I'm expecting the reset removed all the wifi settings and despite what the samsung advised, you'll need to enter them again.

0 Kudos