Menu
MilesP
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere password

Not sure if this is the correct board, but I am using TV Anywhere on an ipad with latest OS. It does not seem to save the username and password, which is frustrating as I have to keep writing it down and enter it manually each time. Does not seem to be a way to save this. Anyone else had this answer and knows the solution.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere password

MilesP wrote:

Tony,

Thanks for the reply. There may be differences between Windows (using IE - TV anywhere does not seem to work on Chrome) and Ipad using the TV anywhere app.

On windows, whether I sign out or not, Internet Explorer remembers the username and password. On Ipad, it uses the App which does not seem to remember the password on sign out. I have been trying to remember not to sign out on the ipad and I don't think I have - maybe it signs out automatically if the app has not been used for some time (or if it is closed), or maybe if the ipad is switched off. Will have to monitor this closely in future to see what happens.

p.s. I wish the ipad had the simple and convenient method of cut and paste using ctrl-c, ctrl-v

Just Cut'n'pasted this: --------------- The best way to copy, cut or paste on the Apple iPhone and iPad in iOS 10.2 is to select the text that you want to copy, cut, or paste. Then press and hold on the text you want to edit. After you long press the text, a menu bar will appear at the top of the screen, with options saying select all, cut, copy, and paste. Then just select on the tool you want to use for the text. If you’re using these tools while browsing the Internet on the iPhone and iPad in iOS 10.2, you have the option of sharing the text with the iOS share button, or even do a quick Google Search with the search magnifying glass. Drag the tabs through the desired text that you want to copy, and you’re done. Then you can quickly copy it, and paste later with the same long press. When you’re in an empty text field, just long press to open a pop-up saying “paste” and select paste to add the selected text that you have copied from before. Another option is to select all, cut to remove sentences, and use the cut, copy and paste hidden tools in many other ways. After some time, you’ll start being a power users of the cut, copy and paste feature as they become very useful. -------------------
Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

MilesP wrote:

Not sure if this is the correct board, but I am using TV Anywhere on an ipad with latest OS. It does not seem to save the username and password, which is frustrating as I have to keep writing it down and enter it manually each time. Does not seem to be a way to save this. Anyone else had this answer and knows the solution.

More details needed: Using TVA V4.0(949499) on iPad Pro(10.2) via TivoV6(RC12) works in my environment(currently on SH3/V116 on DHCP reserved IP) and will re-connect between sessions ....

... but if I sign out then (as prompted/warned), you do then need to (re)enter your primary MyVM user/email + passwd again. I tend to use cross platform p/w utilities like 1Password (and/or Webroot) which can also allow clipboard copy/paste for Apps like TVA that don't have necessary API linkage etc.

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
MilesP
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tony,

Thanks for the reply. There may be differences between Windows (using IE - TV anywhere does not seem to work on Chrome) and Ipad using the TV anywhere app.

On windows, whether I sign out or not, Internet Explorer remembers the username and password. On Ipad, it uses the App which does not seem to remember the password on sign out. I have been trying to remember not to sign out on the ipad and I don't think I have - maybe it signs out automatically if the app has not been used for some time (or if it is closed), or maybe if the ipad is switched off. Will have to monitor this closely in future to see what happens.

p.s. I wish the ipad had the simple and convenient method of cut and paste using ctrl-c, ctrl-v

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

MilesP wrote:

Tony,

Just Cut'n'pasted this: --------------- The best way to copy, cut or paste on the Apple iPhone and iPad in iOS 10.2 is to select the text that you want to copy, cut, or paste. Then press and hold on the text you want to edit. After you long press the text, a menu bar will appear at the top of the screen, with options saying select all, cut, copy, and paste. Then just select on the tool you want to use for the text. If you’re using these tools while browsing the Internet on the iPhone and iPad in iOS 10.2, you have the option of sharing the text with the iOS share button, or even do a quick Google Search with the search magnifying glass. Drag the tabs through the desired text that you want to copy, and you’re done. Then you can quickly copy it, and paste later with the same long press. When you’re in an empty text field, just long press to open a pop-up saying “paste” and select paste to add the selected text that you have copied from before. Another option is to select all, cut to remove sentences, and use the cut, copy and paste hidden tools in many other ways. After some time, you’ll start being a power users of the cut, copy and paste feature as they become very useful. -------------------
Regards Tony