Menu
Sue5789
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere App can't connect

Having trouble using the TV anywhere app from my iPad, it shows my TiVo box and what I have recorded, but won't let me use it as a remote control

so far I have rebooted the TiVo & router & iPad, separately and all at the same time

checked router settings are correct, cables are in the correct holes

I moved over from Sky and so far the parts of the service are not a patch on them, very disappointed with the TV anywhere app

also i settings I have enabled in devices the network remote control 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere App can't connect

have you got the tivo box connected to the network by network cable? It needs to be connected to the network to use tv anywhere as a remote
0 Kudos
Sue5789
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

• Yep it certainly is connected via a patch lead and the box is less than 20cm away from the tivo
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sue5789 wrote:
  • Yep it certainly is connected via a patch lead and the box is less than 20cm away from the tivo

You're going to have to elaborate considerably on various hardware/firmware and router configurations to give any/some of us the opportunity to reproduce/test your specific scenario and/or advise/suggest accordingly?

Thus me wasting time fwiw stating that the Remote function on VM TVA v4 app works on my iPadPro with 10.2 on V6 Tivo with RC12 via SH3 on 116v in RM with DHCP reservation will be of little value if you don't have same configuration!

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos