Menu
ormey2000
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Synology NAS

Hi

I have a Synolgy NAS I can connect fine to in my network it is on a static IP, The problem is when I am connecting to it from externally, port 5000 is configured to port forward to the NAS to allow access in and it will work for a while then with no warning stop, until I restart the Virgin media router. I am at a loss to work out why ?

Is there something I am missing that will block the port after a while ? or is it a fault with the router ?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Synology NAS

Hi ormey2000,

This is an odd issue and I hope we can sort it out. I shall be frank though and advise that I've not come across another issue of this type. I'm also not aware of any deliberate design to drop the remote session - though this may be a good idea from a security point of view.

I'd like you to try 2 things for me please:

• Next time you encounter this issue log into the Hub and post the network/firewall logs  (Advanced Settings > Logs > Firewall/Network Logs).
  • After the above, try a reset of the Hub to restore factory default settings.

Let me know how you get on so we can take a further look if needed. 

Welcome to our Community by the way, hope your visits continue Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
moof
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Synology NAS

what if you change the port, does it drop that after a while?  (good security practise is to get it off 5000 btw)

0 Kudos