Menu
wemorwell
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Superhub2AC DHCP intermittent problem

My Superhub2AC has started being unreliable in handing out DHCP addresses to my devices, a mixture of Windows and Android. both Wireless and wired connections.

The devices end up with APIPA addresses meaning they lack connectivity.

My windows devices work perfectly if I manually add 192.168.0 addresses which means the basic connectivity is ok.

I have tried powering off and back on several times with no change..

I have tried a factory reset a couple of times but this made no difference.

Setting the guest network does seem to work but causes problems with reserved\forwarded IPs.

Thanks

Tom

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub2AC DHCP intermittent problem

Hi Tom,

Thanks for providing a detailed description of what's happening and what you've already tried. This does save time Smiley Happy

I have tested your connection but can see no obvious issues with the network and suspect a replacement Hub would be the logical step to take. I'd like to verify some details with you first so please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll get a new Hub sent out.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back to me with the requested information Smiley Happy

I've ordered a replacement Hub for you, details are:

• The new Hub should arrive within the next few days.
  • The courier, Yodel, will leave contact details should re-delivery arrangements be needed.
  • A text will be sent (to the mobile number we have listed for you) the day prior to delivery advising of an ETA.
  • Full setup and activation instructions will be included.

Keep me updated on how you get on Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
wemorwell
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen,

The replacement Superhub arrived this morning.

I have installed it and all seems good.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

0 Kudos
JSF77
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub2ac. Ethernet Ports problem.

I am running on the VIVID 200 broadband service, with a Superhub2ac running in Router mode. I have been trying to operate more than 2 Ethernet ports on the device for about a week now, but when I try to activate service by plugging into a third Ethernet port, all three Ethernet ports go "haywire" and stop functioning correctly (kick-off the services running on the ports) !! It does not seem to matter which of the 4 Ethernet Ports I use, but any two work fine, then when I plug-in the third the trouble begins immediately. Can anyone help please ?? I'm thinking maybe I need the Superhub3.0 these days, because our broadband traffic has increased a lot since we began with Virgin two years ago. This increased demand on the Router includes a recently installed TV V6 box, and its required Ethernet connection, to allow us to operate "box 2 box" services with our other TIVO box.

I've moved this Post onto this "thread" because I believe it is more appropriate. Would appreciate anyone's help !! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah wonderful, thanks for the update Tom. Come back to us if you encounter any future issues. 

Kind wishes Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos