Menu
BrewsterBear
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Superhub2 slow wifi but broadband(cabled) ok

Hi I have had ongoing issues with the wifi being inconsistent for almost 12 months. My home PC which is cabled to the Superhub works fine. My phone and tablet both android experience lagging and constant buffering when attempting to watch a video to the point I no longer bother. My laptop works reasonably well and my two daughter's have ipads/iphones with no serious issues. The wifi itself isn't always consistent and regularly goes off. None of our phones tablets can find the 5G network. I have rang Virgin media tech support multiple times regarding this with little help. The 2.4Ghz on the Superhub continually flashes as does the blue up/down arrow (sorry I don't know what it's called). It's so bad I have resorted to purchasing a Huawei Mifi to ensure we always have internet access, my phone and tablet have no issues running off the Huawei Mifi but I am reluctant paying for two lots of internet.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub2 slow wifi but broadband(cabled) ok

Hello BrewsterBear

Welcome to our lovely forum, I am sorry you are having problems with wireless it can be so unpredictable by its very nature, it may be impacted by interference or range etc. I notice at the moment you have an ipad and iphone connected by 5G wireless and they are looking stable so at least the 5G seems to be working now. We have a guide here that may help and explain more Getting the best Wireless Network Signal

The flashing arrows tend to indicate possible connection issues with the hub, we did have a few problems in the area with low SNR, is it still happening?

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos