Menu
Tisiphone
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Superhub

This was shared with me: see chart of latency. All measured parameters show the same instability with wifi on and stability with wifi off. Apparently VM engineers can find nothing wrong and say they have not had similar reports despite having lots of users of Superhub 1 users. 

chart_1490006358.png

Does anyone else see instability with the modem wifi turned on and stability with it off?

Does turning the integrated wifi off and using your own wifi kit make a difference?

The data is SamKnows delivered from a wired connection.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub

Hello Tisiphone

Interesting, why are you rebooting it by the way, is it because the wifi fails? The Superhub 1 shares the same CPU to manage the Docsis and wireless, we have in the past observed that line problems may consume CPU time and then may impact wireless performance, not sure if it happens the other way about. At the moment I am unable to identify your connection to investigate further, I will send you a forum PM to gather some more details.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Tisiphone
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Note: I said "shared with me." I do not have permission to give details.

Rebooting was not because wifi failed; misinterpretation. As reported, all modem functionality degraded to the point of not providing any service, hence a reboot.

From HQ, ".... technical team and they have acknowledged this issue as a known problem......"

A stunning admission!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tisiphone,

Sorry for any misunderstanding. When customers report an issue on here we usually test the connection with a view to getting a fix applied. 

If you are not reporting a problem that you have but would like us to investigate a fault for someone you know, would you ask them to post on here please? We'll be happy to offer our support.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos