Menu
Stueybuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Superhub speed decreasing to nothing in Modem Mode

I have recently installed a new router at home. Put superhub 2 ac in to modem mode and all was wonderful, great speeds, was really pleased. By the time I got up in the morning my sppedtest results had gone from 220Mbps to 2Mbps. Rebooted superhub and was back to around 160. Over the course of the day this gradually dropped until unusable. Restarted again and was usable until this time it dropped out completely. Nothing at all on reboot this time and my router saying no internet connection.

This time I had to unplug my router, put superhub back in to full mode to get a connection. I then put it back in to modem mode and put my router back on, all is good as I write this.

I have contacted virgin and their answer ? To upgrade to superhub 3. I am sceptical of this advice after reading these forums and think it may be something more than a replacement will fix.

Thoughts please !

Thanks in advance,

Stu.

0 Kudos
Stueybuk
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub speed decreasing to nothing in Modem Mode

UPDATE : The superhub seems to come to a standstill every 24hrs. Reboot the SH and I'm back to 220Mbps. How can I check the logs ? I see reports of T3/4 timeouts causing this, would like to check before the engineer comes out.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Stueybuk,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the connection problems you're experiencing right now. Checking your connection right now I can see your upstream power levels are out of range. When are you expecting an engineer visit?

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Stueybuk
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

Thanks for the reply, the engineer is due to replace the router on Wednesday, I am concerned that the router is not the cause of the problem and have seen people post on here that they have issues with the superhub 3 in modem mode.

Stuart

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Stueybuk wrote:

Hi Heather,

Thanks for the reply, the engineer is due to replace the router on Wednesday, I am concerned that the router is not the cause of the problem and have seen people post on here that they have issues with the superhub 3 in modem mode.

Stuart

I use the Hub 3 in Modem Mode and have no issues. Yes, there is an issue with latency if you are an avid gamer but otherwise it's fine.

0 Kudos
Stueybuk
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Adduxi, we do our fair share of gaming in this house so that may also become an issue, thanks for your comment. Do you have any  more details on that issue ?

0 Kudos
Stueybuk
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well superhub 3 arrived via a delivery guy, no engineer visit. Not sure whether to try and set it up myself or just leave it.

0 Kudos