Menu
pudsuk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Superhub not so super

Hello everyone

I have the Virgin Superbhub and am on Vivid 100mb.

Whilst I am getting around that speed on my wired computer, the wireless is a different story.

Mostly it keeps dropping wireless connections.  I have noticed it a lot the last few weeks, my MacBook would just keep loosing connection.  

However now my wife who works from home is loosing her connection constantly and this is now hindering her work, so I have a ethernet cable running across my lounge to where she works for a constant connection.

Have had the box re-set etc, but this does not appear to resolve.

Any suggestions???

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub not so super

You could ask for the hub 3 its not super or you can think about getting your own router.

0 Kudos
pudsuk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.  I did think about getting my own router, but thought why should I be doing that :-(

I will call 150 tonight and see what they say.

0 Kudos
iwantmylanback
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HUB 3 will not allow you to change or configure your LAN IP subnet,so you will be stuck with 192.168.0.x , which if your LAN is new is no problem , but if you have changed provider and your lan is already configured , the only way to make this crap thing work is to change IP to all your equipment , or set everything in DHCP loosing every single script you have build, NAS , Home Server , PC desktops , Laptops ,iTunes library over network , everything must be reconfigured... or of course buy with your own money a router.

I am a new costumer so frustrated by this intrusion especially because they don't say anything about this on their website , I would never have bought this subscription If I knew about this unfriendly crap Hub systems , they say they care about costumer , then GIVE US OUR LAN BACK , release an update to the firmware  to your crap box so that finally we can configure our LAN without spending extra money.

This is just ridiculous I subscribe for 45 quid a month and now I have to buy a router ....

0 Kudos
milentenev
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi pudsuk,

Based on what you wrote I think that either there is something very wrong with your Hub 3 or the Wifi channel that it is using is just too overcrowded (are there many other Wifi networks in your area?). While I was using the Hub's wifi I could say that it performed decently for what you get and having stable and fast wifi in the same room should not be a problem.

I'm not sure if you can chose different wifi channels on the hub as I'm using my own router now.
0 Kudos
pudsuk
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re-visiting my old post - wireless is still poor on a various level of devices.

My MacBook Air, wife is using a HP laptop, and my iPad/iPhone are constantly dropping out wireless signal.

The iMac is wired and never has an issue, just wireless devices.  If anyone visits the speed is either poor or drops out.   It's becoming quite frustrating.   I am having to re-boot the router every three to four days - it will then work fine for a while then start dropping out again.

This is the original Super Hub - which is many years old how - how do I go about getting Virgin to replace it with some modern??

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi pudsuk, 

Thanks for letting us know that your Wi-Fi is still dropping out on various devices, I apologise for any troubles incurred. I will do my very best to help resolve this for you.

I have tested things from here and I can see that your Hubs logs have a lot of T3 time outs inside, this will explain the drops you mentioned. I would like to arrange for this to be investigated further by one of our engineers. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking.

Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this gets booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos