Menu
mackerbootle
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Superhub needs rebooting every 20 minutes

Superhub constantly needs rebooting every 20 minutes. Totally ridiculous and it's been going on since the 20th of December.

All the lights displaying correctly and my home network works fine. It's obviously something to do with the exchange as it is affecting many properties in the L21 area.

I tested this by typing in local postcodes for faults close to where I am and it's all in the same area.

And "NO" it's not the Windows 10 KB fault, this is another unexplained fault they have discovered.

Been on phone 6 times to them now and I keep getting text messages "An engineer is on the way" regularly when the previous deadline has expired. They are now saying 12pm Friday.
Where is the engineer coming from? Australia? He has been on his way since last Tuesday.

Yeah, they have sent out a new router which I will pick up tomorrow - but it's not going to make any difference. It's the Virgin Network where the fault lies. What's the point of even trying to set it up when I have to reboot the damned thing every 20 minutes?

It's nearly Christmas and I'm fuming about this.

Peter

0 Kudos
mackerbootle
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub needs rebooting every 20 minutes

2 minutes before the router gets booted offline... Counting... 1 minute.... 30 secs.... I've been disconnected again 321...

0 Kudos
mackerbootle
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Back again...

Will post back if I get disconnected again... after 20 minutes.

0 Kudos
mackerbootle
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well, I got disconnected again after 20 minutes so I'm back after rebooting the Superhub.

Hooray!!! I can get online for 20 minute periods and need to reboot my router. The engineer is still far far away in a land building things promising to arrive soon to resolve the broadband connection. Maybe he is still in Australia on a a plane or a boat trying his very best to get here to resolve the issue.

Still not fixed here though.

0 Kudos
mackerbootle
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Disconnected again...

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mackerbootle,

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to learn about your issues with your Super Hub needing rebooting every 20 minutes, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tested things from here and everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in it will say 'Router Status' click there and all the information needed is inside.

Also, when the connection drops what lights are on the Hub?

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos