Menu
benhorley
Joining in
Message 31 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub keeps resetting itself

Hello

I've just started having this very problem, my hub has now reset itself several times, it's getting really annoying. Did anyone ever find a fix to this, it's obviously done a full factory reset several times itself so I have nothing left to try.

Thanks, Ben

0 Kudos
ashleypenny
Joining in
Message 32 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Phone VM and get a new hub sent out for free, solved it for me.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 33 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you've also experienced some trouble with your connection benhorley,

I'd like to help.

To allow me to do so, could you respond via private message with the following information?:

• Name of the account holder
  • Home address
  • Your name

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 34 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me benhorley,

I've checked everything from this end and in relation to the disconnects experienced, there does appear to be some timeouts developing via the equipment.

I've sent you a private message so that we can arrange an engineer visit for this.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 35 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,

In addition to this, there does also appear to be a high demand for our service in your area under the fault ticket F005420139, with a review set for 10/01/18.

Nat_J

0 Kudos
Lord-Elpme
Joining in
Message 36 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

My Superhub has been resetting itself regularly ever since I got the notification that I had been upgraded to 100 Mb/s (~the time that the warning went out from from Virgin to users that they should not use the default passwords provided with their routers). It has been driving my kids nuts - and me, by extension, when I get home.

It used to reset every now and again, which was annoying enough. But these days it is resetting every four or five days (sometimes less) and when it does, it looses all passwords (both to log in and for the WiFi ) which it never did before. 

Apparently it reset itself less than an hour ago and I have taken screen shots of the router status pages but there are no errors logged and there are not any high voltages etc. (maybe there were spikes earlier ... but they are not recorded now)

I addition, the WiFi range has always been a bit suspect (I have just been too busy to complain about it). 

If  a member of the Forum team could help me sort this out, I would be most gratified.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 37 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lord-Elpme,

Thanks for joining us on the Community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear your Hub is resetting itself. Drop me a PM confirming your name and address and I'll send you a replacement.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Andrew_Stevens
Settling in
Message 38 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I get the same resetting issue as the other comments on this thread.  Please could you let me know what info is required from my side for support analysis?  Alternatively, can I get a replacement hub sent given that seems to be the typical outcome anyway?

Cheers

Andrew

0 Kudos