Menu
middletonlord
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Superhub keeps rebooting constantly when PC connected via Ethernet cable

Hi

Since Monday I have been having issues with my Superhub. It was rebooting every hour or so which was very annoying. So rang the tech support. The automated voice support said it was testing my connection and services and since then the router just keeps rebooting constantly while my PC is plugged into the Ethernet cable. If I unplug the PC and connect wirelessly to the Router via Phone it only seems to reboot occasionally (not sure if it is just a consequence of the previous PC connection). I have noticed that when it reboots it also resets the passwords on router back to default too. I am trying to rule out a PC issue first before the engineer arrives on Saturday afternoon. I thought that it might be a virus or trojan was causing the reboots to the superhub as I haven't had any issues with the hub over the last 4yrs or so like this.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub keeps rebooting constantly when PC connected via Ethernet cable

Hi Middletonlord,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear your hub has been factory resetting. This is unlikely to be cause by any of your equipment but rather an issue with the hub itself. Had the engineer swapped it out at the visit and have you had any issues since?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Middletonlord,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear your hub has been factory resetting. This is unlikely to be cause by any of your equipment but rather an issue with the hub itself. Had the engineer swapped it out at the visit and have you had any issues since?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

middletonlord
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Quite right, engineer swapped out faulty device and all is well with a superhub 3 now.

It was just the fact that several installs took place the day before the old hub went(firefox, windows and about four or five game installs) so just thought one had introduced a trojan etc. But all is well thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi middletonlord, 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop with regards to your issues.

I am pleased to hear that after the engineer swapped your faulty router for a Hub 3.0 all is well, this is great! Just remember that if you require any assistance in future then post back here on the forums and we'll gladly take a look at things and help out for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos