Menu
frenchfries
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Superhub keeps disconnecting

Hi all

Sick and tired of calling Virgin to explain the same problem time and time again.  Superhub keeps disconnecting anything that is wirelessly connected to it.  5 times today alone and my laptop is the only one always connected because it is wired to the router.

Always the same suggestion, blah blah access 192.168,  blah blah change to channel "whatever takes their fancy on the day", blah blah thank you.  Works for a few days and then same problem again!  It has been fine for years and then since they extended Virgin further down the road this is a complete nightmare for me who works from home and for my son who is way to absorbed by his xBox!  TV is fine at least.

Help please? 

0 Kudos
roddzz
Tuning in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub keeps disconnecting

i posted same issues with super hub mine disconects about every half hour i have to do trouble shoot to get it back on then it happen again time and time again realy sick been long time customer thinking of going to another subscriber as its getting bit much and im paying over the odds others got full package for same as im paying for internet only grrrr angry hell yes

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi frenchfries,

Apologies for your continuing disconnects. I honestly intend to help and hope you don't mind me asking a few questions:

• Do the disconnects affect the 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency (or both)?
  • Is any error message displayed on the device that has lost connection?
  • What are you doing when this happens - downloading, browsing, gaming etc?

Please provide an example of what kind of devices are connected wirelessly.

Once I receive your replies I'll see what we can do to help.

Bye for now,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
frenchfries
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen

Thank you for your reply.

• Do the disconnects affect the 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency (or both)?  The disconnection affects both 2.4 and 5.0GHz.
  • Is any error message displayed on the device that has lost connection?  On the wirelessly connected desktop there is just a little yellow warning triangle to signify that the connection has been lost.  For other items the connection the network just disappear. 
  • What are you doing when this happens - downloading, browsing, gaming etc?  No pattern, it can disconnect when 1 desktop is connected but not doing any wireless activities, or disconnect when wifi is used (Xbox).  Although we have various devices that can be connected by wifi, simultaneously we would only have 1 desktop (browsing), 1 XBox (playing) and 1 printer used wirelessly.

Best

0 Kudos
frenchfries
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen

Any news on my reply to your questions?

0 Kudos
SteveGi
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same problem - laptops, mobiles, tablets - working fine, then suddenly not. It's only been happening the last three days but it's becoming a huge pain.

I have noticed that in the super hub connection status page, some wireless devices are occasionally showing up in both the wired and wireless lists - no idea if that's connected, but it's just happened again and that was the ipad that was just disconnected.

Has there been a firmware push recently?

0 Kudos
frenchfries
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The firmware is updated automatically, right?

0 Kudos
SteveGi
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
elastikspastik
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have started having the same issues. I do a lot of competitive gaming, video editing, uploading etc, and this is very frustrating. Constant disconnects throughout the day. Everything i try doesn't seem to fix it. I have just a phone and computer connected wirelessly. Started about 4 days ago.disconnects on both frequencies too.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi frenchfries, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your broadband disconnecting. I can appreciate this must be annoying so apologies for any bother.

I have tested things from here and I noticed that there's some time outs inside the Hubs logs. I would like to arrange for an engineer to visit and make the necessary adjustments in order to proceed with making the booking.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets booked and secured for you.

Speak soon,

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos