Menu
double_en
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Superhub issue when trying to delete devices from the wireless access list.

Hi,

I have had this issue before and was supplied with a new superhub (first generation I think) but until now I have not had the need to delete from the wireless access list.

Anyway, over the Christmas period I needed to add new devices to the list and that worked OK. Whilst doing this I noticed that there were a few device that no longer required so I marked one of them for deletion. When the change was applied the superhub randomly deleted about 15 of the devices from the list. To get around this issue I have removed all devices and now use the list as a blacklist (keeping it empty to allow all MAC addresses as acceptable), obviuously this is not as secure.

Is there any solution to this as this is the second superhub with this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub issue when trying to delete devices from the wireless access list.

Hi double_en,

Sounds like it could be the Hub, in the first instance could you please try a factory reset and let us know if this corrects the problem.

Many thanks

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
double_en
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub issue when trying to delete devices from the wireless access list.

Thanks for the reply.

I have had this issue with a previous hub and factory resetting it did not correct the problem so do not expect it would with this new hub.

To test properly I would need to set it up again complete with multiple MAC addresses in the wireless access list just so that I can then delete them out one by one to ensure that only the ones I want to delete are deleted. This is time consuming and, I suspect, would not work.

The fault has to be with the firmware in the hub so unless there is new firmware to try, or a definite 'this will fix the issue' fix, I do not want to fiddle about with the hub. 

Cheers

0 Kudos