Menu
rali
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Superhub is resetting itself

My superhub seems to be factory resetting itself. Not sure how often it is doing it since i left most of it on the default settings, but the last few times it did it the Wifi went so slow (since it would reset my channel settings). and it done it again just now and the wifi seemed to have completely died with it. plugging straight into it works fine. I'm guessing since it's the first Superhub model it probably decided today is the day it dies. and it can't even accomplish that properly.

I was planning on getting a new router anyway, but now I'm just wondering would buying a new router actually fix this problem? or would i need to get a new superhub as well?

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub is resetting itself

is it a ghost in your house maybe?

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

you need a replacement hub - yours is showing signs of " dementia" - seriously at a certain age the hub's flash memory begins to fail so it constantly loses settings and resets. there si no cure

get the hub replaced first, then see how it goes, if you then also want to go to modem mode with your own router e.g. to improve wifi or to have more config options that's up to you. but avoid the hassle of setting up your own router twice. the replacement hub will need to start out in router mode until it has fully updated itself and it makes sense to check that all the wired ports work OK before moving on. Some folks have needed swap outs because of ethernet port issues

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi rali,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you've had trouble with your Superhub.

I've located your account and I can see you've been sent out a replacement. I hope everything is working okay now, just give us a shout if you get any trouble.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos