Menu
Vroonster
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superhub ac - Regular Reboots Required

Very week I have to do a hard reboot on my Superhub a/c router. Does anyone else have this problem. It happens about the same time every week. Its driving me mad.

Many thanks,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub ac - Regular Reboots Required

Hey there Vroonster,

Thanks for posting Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're having to frequently reboot your Superhub. I'd like to gather a little more info if that's okay. Would you mind explaining why you need to reboot? Are you using a wireless or a hardwired connection? What time patterns are you picking up on?

If you let us know, we will happily investigate further.

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Vroonster
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub in modem mode. Drops out the same time every week. When I plug a laptop into the bottom port on the hub, there is no connectivity. I then reboot and it works. Odd
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vroonster, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and the downstream power levels seem to be a little on the high side. I would like to get an engineer out to have this corrected for you. Also I am curious do the drop outs only occur when you plug in the laptop or is it just there is no connectivity in the port? 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Vroonster
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying. The router is in modem mode. I am connecting via one of two wireless access points : a commercial grade Cisco Meraki, and a Ubiquiti AP-Pro.

The broadband just stops working. The TV is fine. It does not matter whether I use a wired to wireless connection.

The last drop out was in the last 12 hours.

I have been rebooting the Virgin hub every week for 2 years as a result. I cannot use smart devices in the house as a result.

It has become a major issue, and if it persists, then I may have to cancel my contract.

It is not my laptop - I have six of them. When its down, its down.

Maybe a new router might help, as its been like this since day one?

thanks,

Vroonster

0 Kudos