Menu
alepot
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Superhub Factory Reset Broken

I am unable to return my "superhub" to its factory defaults.

It is in modem mode, currently.

Please will you advise me as to how I can fix this so that I can change settings?

superhub-info.png

superhub-login.png

InformationInformationLogin?Login?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub Factory Reset Broken

Then you will need to wait for the VM bods on the forum to get to your thread and send out a new hub. Or you can call it in to that equally wretched offfshore call centre and if they can't log in to your wretched SH1 they can arrange a new hub for you.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos

All Replies
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's a bit frustrating not to know how you try to factory reset the hub. It's a VMDG480 (if I read the front page of the GUI correctly) and it is a 6 year old underpowered wretched thing that is fit only for modem mode!

IIRC, you can factory reset the hub from within the GUI. Can't you log in at 192.168.100.1?

With the recessed factory reset pin, you have to hold it down till you see the SH lights glitch. Can be a minute or thereabouts.

Keep us posted.

0 Kudos
alepot
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it's one of the older ones - does what I need, up until now, anyway. Unable either to login, or pinhole-reset following the specific instructions for my kit.. Been through the motions several times with identical results. Lights all "glitched", as expected Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Then you will need to wait for the VM bods on the forum to get to your thread and send out a new hub. Or you can call it in to that equally wretched offfshore call centre and if they can't log in to your wretched SH1 they can arrange a new hub for you.

0 Kudos
alepot
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yup. I really miss the NNTP support times like this.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi alepot,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to learn you are unable to factory reset the router.

I would like to send you a replacement router as I believe the Super Hub you have is faulty. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fizz
Up to speed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I think my modem is goosed as well... I can't do anything even tried a reset. Nothing but very rapid lights on ever led including lan ports
0 Kudos
alepot
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub Factory Reset Broken [SOLVED]

fizz eventually sorted mine by holding in the pinhole reset button for a timed 30 plus seconds (very important, is this, it must be well in excess of 30 seconds and you must time it - it will seem like ages and the "flashing lights" instructions on VM's web site are incorrect), then, as the modem came back, pulled the power for a few seconds. If that still doesnt sort it, the modem's probably broken, and you'll need tech to notice - either start your own thread (dunno if they will still monitor this one) or phone the dreaded call centre... Alex