Menu
Shamilganatra
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Superhub Ethernet ports not working

Hi, my superhub Ethernet ports are not working. I've read through one of the message boards (about 18 pages), but nothing has worked. Wireless is fine. Could you please advise?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Shamilganatra
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub Ethernet ports not working

Hello- could someone please advise what I should do about the problems I'm having, please. I'm keen to not have to call the helpline. Thank you
0 Kudos

All Replies
Shamilganatra
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello- could someone please advise what I should do about the problems I'm having, please. I'm keen to not have to call the helpline. Thank you
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry to hear about this Shamilganatra,

I've had a look at everything from this end and post-refresh the levels are spot on.

Are there any lights visible (green/amber) when connecting Ethernet to any of the ports?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Shamilganatra
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat, thank you for your email. One of the ports has lights on, but the rest don't light up (even though I'm using the same wire as the one plugged into the port that works), so I'm assuming that it is a fault with the ports? Sham
0 Kudos
Shamilganatra
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HI Nat - any thoughts? I'm v keen to get this sorted ASAP
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me about this Shamilganatra,

I've had another look into this and I can see that a replacement router has been issued for you.

There is, however, now an issue with the downstream power level present via the equipment levels.

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come out and take a look at this for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this booked in.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Gympie
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am also having trouble with my Ethernet Ports not working. I have connected the ports to each other to perform a loopback and the light (Green) flash. I have no problems with the WiFi. I also performed a Hub test and it said there were no Wired Connections however it did see the Wired Client on Port 1 running at 100 Mbps. Where as the WiFi connections were in Green, the Wired Client was in Red. I have also performed factory reset, plugged the device into other Ports as suggested. This device worked perfectly well on previous Hub - I have moved house and am setting up again.

0 Kudos
Bobbins
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I too have had an issue with SH3 Ethernet ports not working after a reboot.

My setup is that I have a Powerline Adapter on the same power socket as the SH3, meaning that one SH3 ethernet port is connected to an active device when the router is power cycled.

After rebooting the SH3, I've experienced that only the port connected to the Powerline Adapter works, the other three are dead. Plugging a newly booted PC into any of the three other ports gives no joy..

To bring the other ports back to life, I connect the (newly turned on) PC to the active port (the one that was connected to the Powerline Adapter at boot time). The PC then gets a connection, so I then unplug it and plug it in sequence into the other three ports. This seems to bring the ports back to life.

I'm going to try setting all the connected PC's to not use "Auto Negotiation" of the link speed (in my case set them to "1Gbps Full Duplex"), just in case it's an issue with Negotiation and the SH3's idle ports.

Hope this helps solve/gets you a workaround for the issue.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

we see so many similar complaints. hard to tell if its poor QA leading to faulty hubs in the field, or if there's a common firmware glitch

whilst I don't have powerline on the same socket - it's on the next one along - I sure don't go around turning powerline off if ever the hub goes off, & we've had several power cuts since ours was installed. there;s nothing in the ethernet spec ( or in the manual if we had a manual) to say that it is necessary to disconnect wired ports during a reboot - that would be hugely inconvenient

there's nothing in the ethernet spec ( or in the manual if we had a manual) to say that it is necessary to disconnect wired ports during a reboot - that would be hugely inconvenient

as with other intermittent faults that get reported by multiple users, there is very little that we can do except to log and report date, times, firmware versions, and take notes of the traffic lights on the ports

[ actully, for all I know I have 3 dead ones also ! , for aesthetics,  I run everything via a hidden Gb switch with only a single wire to one hub port

0 Kudos
mossbury
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Similar problem here. Everything worked fine until about 2 weeks ago where Ethernet stopped working with my Superhub (that I had for a long long time) - for no reason at all (no change, just stopped working one day)

Wifi works fine however when I use a cable it does not work. Following the main topic on the forum, I have tried:

• all different slots: same result, only the amber light, no Ethernet.
  • 2 differents cables, same result.
  • 2 different computers, same result.
  • reset the modem, powered everything on/off several time - same result.

As per other responses on this topic it seems that I need a replacement hub. Could someone contact me and arrange that?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos