Menu
Duppy1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 modem mode no WAN IP, connection dropouts

I've checked the other answers and none seem to fit this problem (or just say "downgrade to Superhub 2") which hardly seems like an answer.

Until a week ago there was no problem at all then something changed (presumably on the VM side as I didn't make any changes) and now modem mode just doesn't work.It either fails to get a WAN IP or tries to assign a LAN IP then drops out.

I have (from the Internet side) a VM Superhub 3, an unmanaged switch and an Asus Asus RT-AC56U (running DD-WRT) into which my home network is cabled/connecting wirelessly. All fine until a week ago. Now the only way I can get connectivity is  router mode.

What did VM break? Can I ask them to put it back?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 modem mode no WAN IP, connection dropouts

maybe the DHCP server has ran out of IP addresses.

its not likely they have broken anything. It will take VM about a week to reply here and i think they will need to check on this problem
0 Kudos
Duppy1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do you mean VM's DHCP server on the WAN IP side? In which case that's a service issue.

Because in Modem Mode, my VM box shouldn't be giving out DHCP addresses, surely?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i meant on VM side if there is no WAN addresses left as IPv4 addresses are limited
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you got the switch between the Hub 3 in modem mode and the router?

If so, then I would try removing the switch as your WAN IP address is issued based on the MAC address of the internet facing device. With the switch inbetween there could be a bit of confusion on what is the internet facing device.

0 Kudos
Duppy1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but it makes no difference unfortunately. It's also been working fine until a week ago.
0 Kudos