Menu
kendo89
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 and Powerline 200

Hi,  I just received my Virgin VIVID Superhub 3, set it up and everything works except the powerline adaptors that worked perfectly with the Superhub 2.  I plug an ethernet from the superhub to the first powerline XAV2501, link all the others (4) xav2101v2 then distribute around the house to Sky Box, Sony TV and a negear access point.  All lights are green on all of the devices and they connect to the internet for a few minutes then the internet drops and cannot re-connect.  The only way to get a connection is to reboot the powerline connected to the router.  Again it only works for a few minutes then drops out.  When this happens the powerline app show nothing until you reboot the first powerline and it come back with the full network.

I think it is the Superhub is causing the drop out but I do not know what needs to be done to stop this happening.  Have read loads of communities and blogs, tried everything I can think of and nothing works.  The wifi signal is great and everything else is working brilliantly just the powerline network.

If anyone is having similar issues or has any idea how I can solve the problem please get in touch as I am at a loss.

Ken

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 and Powerline 200

there is no generic incompatibility- I have 1 x AV200, 3 x Av500 and a hub 3 all working together ( Solwise powerlines)

I suggest you remove your powerlines then introduce them one at a time to see where the problem lies. start with having a different one next to the hub

perhaps the hub dislikes your specific make and model of powerline but that's unlikely- it is more likely that one of your powerlines is failing and bringing down the others

i google XAV2501 and see its an end-of-life model i.e.pretty old

0 Kudos
kendo89
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the response. Really helpful. The problem is knowing whether to invest in new Powerlines only to have them fail. Might be worth trying a new pair and if they work go for another pair. Will let you know how it goes.
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

well, as I said, all my Solwise powerline still worked when my HUB3 was swapped in. & I cannot be the only HUB3 + powerline owner. 

I see other threads where VM customers are recommending Devolo & TP-Link so they are probably safe bets also.

2 options:

1. contact customer support for the models you are considering buying and ask if they are compatible with the virgin hub

2. buy from amazon so that you can return them for a full refund if they do not work

I discounted trying netgear customer support for your existing models, as their CS is reputed to be worse than Virgin's Smiley Happy

cjw2002
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Did you solve this issue as Iv got the same problem.
Iv wired Cat 6 cables to RJ45 jacks in all rooms. With my old hub I could just plug in the wifi emitter of the power line kit and I'd have wifi in that room.
Now I can only use one at a time or the whole system goes down and even that one fails after a few days.
Thank you in advance.
Ps Iv been told it's probably the settings and something will need adjusting.
0 Kudos
leecope3
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i am using a pair of tplink ones fine with mine, just my hub3 is constantly rebooting (not an issue with the powerline as it does it without them fitted) but seems i am not the only one with issue right now...

0 Kudos
NMJToolbox
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I also use 3 x TP Link ones without problem on my Hub3 Smiley Happy

Tip of the Day: Don't eat yellow snow.
0 Kudos