Menu
Martin172
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 - Windows phone

My wifi has been dropping out so when being upgraded to a V6 box the engineer has swapped my Superhub 2AC for a Superhub 3.

All wired devices are working no problem
All windows PC's on wifi are working no problem
Ipad is working no problem
Samsung galaxy phone is working no problem

Windows phone is connecting to wifi no problem, but no internet access, a speed test shows 60ms ping, 0mbps download and 25mpbs upload.

anyone experianced any issues similar?

0 Kudos
nin1977
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 - Windows phone

yep, me.
everything connects fine apart from my android phone. if anyone could help... that would be great.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin172,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I'm sorry to read you are having an issue with connecting your Windows Phone to the wireless network.

With the Hub 3 it does broadcast both networks (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) as one. Have you tried to separate these to make it easier for the devices to connect too by any chance?

If so, does the phone find the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz network?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Martin172
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply, I'm connecting to the 5ghz network, I've also tried connecting it to the 2.4ghz and also a guest network to rule out any issues along with changing channels etc.

It has in the last week started getting an internet connection but its very unreliable, works maby for 5 minutes then drops off.

The network connection is stable and stays connected at all times, its the internet. But when it drops out, its working perfectly on other devices.
0 Kudos
IainOb1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I too always had issues with my windows phone and the virgin hub. Ive got v2 hub.

The wireless would drop out both 2g and 5g and if i was in the same room as the hub the phone would constantly reset over and over. Had to buy a asus router and have had no problems since. I use the hub in modem mode.
Something with the windows phones does not work well with the VM hubs as it never happened any where else with different isp's only VM hubs.

Ive had zero wireless drop iuts or internet drop outs since using a third party router.
My Broadband Ping - virgin
0 Kudos