Menu
reload251
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3, VPN Connectivity

Superhub 3 on the 300mb Homeworks+ package.

No network kit between VM SH3 and Windows 10 desktop PC.

Windows 10 integrated VPN connectivity only works after flipping the SH3 into modem mode and back again.

I've yet to run wireshark traces to try and pin down the reason why, but want to know what exactly is causing this issue on the SH3 and if there's anything I can do other than spend 15-20 minutes twiddling my thumbs while the modem reboots each time I want to connect to a VPN network.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3, VPN Connectivity

Hi reload251,

I am very sorry for the connection issues experienced.

I have located your account and I believe the issue is caused by a known fault with Hub 3.0's on the Arris Chassis, dropping connection whilst in modem mode.

I am unable to detect any further issues with the equipment or network segment.

The known fault should be resolved via a firmware update and we will certainly notify customers when this update will be available.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
dennisond13
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was wondering if this had been resolved, as i have just had a SH3 installed and having the same issues with direct access.and as i am a home worker, this is now causing me issues.

thanks in advance for all assistance.

debzyg
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issue.

Internet connection keeps dropping when my VPN connection is active. It's driving me mad!

I am field based for my company and therefore work from home daily conducting interviews using a VPN connection and need this working properly as it's effecting me doing my job.

I specifically moved to Virgin Media from Sky for faster internet for work and instead I'm getting my connection constantly dropping out (not to mention speeds nowhere near 200mbps).

When is this going to be sorted? People are paying good money for this service? This shouldn't even be an issue? Sky can manage it, BT can manage it. Even the personal hotspot connection through O2 I have used on my phone when out and about can manage it!
Beginning to wish I'd never left Sky!
0 Kudos
reload251
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nearly a year after I first posted this - wow.

I gave in and picked up an Edgerouter X with a seperate AP for wifi in the end. Have had an Asus ac87u in the meantime too.

VPN connectivity through both with the SH3 in modem mode has not been an issue.

Definitely shonky routing going on in the SH3 in router mode. Saddens me to see it's still going on!
0 Kudos
debzyg
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I actually tweeted them today to ask if the VPN issue was sorted yet.

First they told me to check the service status in my area. I told them it wasn't a service issue and was unlikely to be because it was a VPN issue.

Then they asked me if I'd looked in the forums after I replied that their advisor on the forums said it was a firmware issue.

Then they told me I should look on their forums for an answer.

Sterling customer support from VM there....
0 Kudos