Menu
sn0rg
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 - Port 25 Forwarding (smtp)

Hi

Just had my new V6 box delivered, and it came as a surprise to me that I was also getting the Super Hub 3.  My SH2 was fine, but as part of the deal to get a V6 box, I've been moved up from 120mbps to the 200mpbs service.  Installation guy came and went, and all was fine.

Then I went to configure my Port Forwarding settings on the SH3. It appears that Port 25 can't be forwarded, and this is a bit of a disaster for me since I'm an email techy by trade.  I run my own mail server, experiment with it, etc. I also run all the email in my family, and host about 3 different email domains on this server.

So, I've seen some other threads that tell me it's not possible to Port Forward on Port 25 - please someone tell me this isn't so....! Smiley Sad

Right now, the clock is ticking - emails will start bouncing soon... Smiley Sad

Can anyone tell me how to solve this?

Help! and thanks

s

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 - Port 25 Forwarding (smtp)

If you use modem mode and your own router it will work.

sn0rg
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just rounding out this question - I ended up spending £80 on a router, and then everything worked fine.

As you can imagine, I'm not best pleased with this outcome. Man Sad

0 Kudos
jNuttall
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can I ask which router / anything else you've done, I can't get port 25 open even in modem only mode with a router connected

0 Kudos
jNuttall
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Never mind it had never accured to me that as the modem was in modem only mode the external Mac had changed to my router which in turn altered my external IP address as it's assigned with DHCP.