Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7 (207 Views)

Superhub 3 Mac filtering not working

Got my new super hub 3 on Saturday.  Went to set up the mac filtering the same as I did on my super hub 2 and the moment any device is placed in the list it is immediately blocked.  Spent one and a half hours on the phone with technical to come to the conclusion it must be the box at fault.  New box arrived today and the problem is the same.  Looking through the forums it seems it is a known problem with the firmware which leads me to the question, why did technical take so long to try and resolve a known issue?

Now what, this is a facility I need to have on my hardware.  I don't think I should have to go out and buy new hardware to give me the functionality of the hardware I already have ( it just doesn't work correctly )

Does anyone know if VM are even trying to sort this out? 

Regards Mark

Accepted Solutions
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7 (332 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by DaMasteRZ
‎20-03-2017 19:02

Re: Superhub 3 Mac filtering not working

Thanks Jen, appreciate the follow up.
Was happy with my hub2 as it did everything I wanted. Only reason to upgrade was a constant dropping of the wireless ( not hardwired ) connections.
Something that the hub3 has sorted.
When the new hub 2 arrives I will put this on My network. If it doesn't drop the wireless connections then I will be a happy bunny ( so will the rest of the household )

Thanks again for the follow up.

Kind regards Mark

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7 (188 Views)

Hi Mark,

I am sorry for your issues with MAC filtering. To be honest I do recall reported problems with IP and Port filtering during the Hub 3 trials. But I don't recall any mention of MAC filtering. I shall have to look into this to jog my memory. But if your previous Hub did not experience the same issue then it makes sense to get that back to you. So, hope you don't mind, but I've ordered a Super Hub 2 for you. If you'd rather keep the Hub 3 then just let return the new one.

I'll pop back with any info re: Hub 3/MAC filtering as soon as I find anything out.

Your new Hub details are:

• The new Hub should arrive within the next few days.
  • The courier, Yodel, will leave contact details should re-delivery arrangements be needed.
  • A text will be sent (to the mobile number we have listed for you) the day prior to delivery advising of an ETA.
  • Full setup and activation instructions will be included.

Keep me updated on how you get on Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

Tuning in
Message 3 of 7 (333 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by DaMasteRZ
‎20-03-2017 19:02

Thanks Jen, appreciate the follow up.
Was happy with my hub2 as it did everything I wanted. Only reason to upgrade was a constant dropping of the wireless ( not hardwired ) connections.
Something that the hub3 has sorted.
When the new hub 2 arrives I will put this on My network. If it doesn't drop the wireless connections then I will be a happy bunny ( so will the rest of the household )

Thanks again for the follow up.

Kind regards Mark
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7 (158 Views)

Thanks for arranging, unfortunately another super hub 3 has turned up. I haven't bothered connecting as I am am sure it will have the same issue as the other two. Would love to get my hands on a super hub 2 without the wireless connection issues.
Please let me know what you would like to do with the unit I have received?

Kind regards Mark
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 7 (135 Views)

I have same issue with super-hub 3.

Super-hub 2 has no problem setting mac filtering but connection keep droping so had to change to super hub 3.

Rang virgin technical department once to get help but they didn't know whats mac filtering? 

Not bothering now because as soon as contract finish will change provider. Very poor quality (beta firmware) equipment .

Forum Team
Message 6 of 7 (101 Views)

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Apologies you were sent a Hub 3 and not the Super Hub 2.

With the router you did receive, if there was a returns pack available you can use that to return it back to ourselves.

However if there was not one available, let us know and we can send one out to you.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7 (88 Views)

Hi Sam,
Thanks for getting back to me.
We have cancelled the internet to our home. This is nothing to do with the hardware issues. Just things with our two teenage children. We want our kids back and feel the internet with kids, while is the easy option, is not the right one. We have talked with Virgin and will return all the boxes back.
Thanks for your help and wish us luck!

Regards Mark