Menu
deans6571
Super solver
Message 1 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 - Green Flashing Wifi icon?

Reading the instructions of the Superhub 3 states that the only light which should be illuminated is the white solid light at the bottom however, on my Superhub 3, I also have a flashing green wifi icon (the very top icon)??

The strange thing is, is that I am still able to get internet from the Hub - both on the 5Ghz channel (which is how I am posting this from my iPad Air 2) and also on the 2.4Ghz channel (my wife is currently surfing the web from an old laptop, connected via wifi using the slower speed)? 

Helpful Answers
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub 3 - Green Flashing Wifi icon?

From your other thread, you are on firmware version 9.1.88t. The latest firmware is 9.1.116v.

The flashing light you've reported, when WiFi is working properly, is an aberration in the firmware - it would seem from the multiple reports like yours.

One or two people have said that turning the WPS function off in the Hub settings stops the flashing light.

VM documentation is useless, I'm sorry to say.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

9.1.116v has been in the public domain for a couple of months. It was on beta prior to that from July 2016.

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 16 of 34
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

deans6571 wrote:

That's weird?!?!? 

I just logged onto the admin page of my hub 3 to check the WPS situation, which was enabled. I did NOT change the status to "Disable". However, I scrolled down to the "Add Device" option further down (I have a printer which I need to reconnect to the wifi since changing over to the Hub 3 and new wifi details) and it started scanning for devices. As I did not actually have my printer turned on at the time, I just clicked on the "Cancel" option and then logged out of my Hub 3. 

BUT - when I then glanced over at the Hub, the previously flashing green wifi light, has now turned off???? Smiley Surprised

Just to reiterate- I did NOT change any of the Hub settings...... merely let it scan for WPS devices but then cancelled the operation and logged out of the admin page and the green light then stopped flashing?! Coincidence?!!!!

Who knows?!!!

That's why I alighted on the WPS button.  There is a Polish version of the user guide (that I can't locate but Mud_Wizard knows where it is) that describes the flashing WiFi light, among other things (like no Internet), as searching for a wireless client.  That fits the WPS case.  Of course VM haven't done their job properly, and despite threads like this, have done nothing to update their crap documentation.  I regard this, as do others, as a firmware bug because it should not happen if there is no intended WPS activity.

All Replies
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

From your other thread, you are on firmware version 9.1.88t. The latest firmware is 9.1.116v.

The flashing light you've reported, when WiFi is working properly, is an aberration in the firmware - it would seem from the multiple reports like yours.

One or two people have said that turning the WPS function off in the Hub settings stops the flashing light.

deans6571
Super solver
Message 3 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Sephiroth wrote:

Thanks for the clarification- appreciated. 

Its weird though as when I specifically asked the VM agent what the current firmware was, she specifically stated 9.1.88T was the latest. Perhaps 9.1.116 is only literally days old.....

Either way - as long as my services are working fine (and they are!) - I'll ignore it!!

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

9.1.116v has been in the public domain for a couple of months. It was on beta prior to that from July 2016.

LHW
Tuning in
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply but it the hub 3 the same as superhub3

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 34
Flag for a moderator

There is no Superhub 3. The device is called the Hub 3.0. It's the official name.

deans6571
Super solver
Message 7 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I'm gonna be a right pain now - just logged into my hub 3's admin page and noticed that it's already updated to firmware 9.1.116v?!!!! 

Do you think if I do a reboot, it could cure the flashing wifi icon (internet is still working over wifi)? 

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Worth a try. Did you go into wireless settings and set WPS off?

Advanced Settings / Wireless / WPS / WPS Bush button: Disable / Apply Changes

LHW
Tuning in
Message 9 of 34
Flag for a moderator

No but will try it  tomorrow thanks

0 Kudos
LHW
Tuning in
Message 10 of 34
Flag for a moderator

how do I find the hub settings to turn the WPS off

0 Kudos