Menu
Nekomata
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 200mbps package - Massive packet loss and ping and getting 60mbps

Hi. At my previous home I was getting 160mbps via wifi, on the Superhub 2.

Now that I've moved, however, I've been getting very low speeds, averaging around 55-70mbps. I realise that there is bound to be a significantly less down and upload speed compared to wireless, but I think I should be at least getting what I did at my previous home, seeing as how I have the newer router and a better wifi dongle/adapter thingymajiggo. I understand that 55-70mbps is fine for most people, but I do a lot of large downloads which can get very irritating when it is 2-3x slower than what I think I should be getting.

Recently, for about four days, I have been getting massive packet loss, very noticeable in-game. Just before I was getting 50+ packet loss Smiley Mad

I'm guessing this is due to Virgin Media doing some work in my area since the ping and packet loss problem has only just started happening recently, please somebody clear this up.

Another thing I've noticed is, on the black cable thing that plugs into the router, there is a tag which says that it is solely for use on the Superhub 2. Is this anything of significance?

Thanks for you help, and enjoy your final two days of Christmas!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 200mbps package - Massive packet loss and ping and getting 60mbps

Hi Nekomata,

Thanks for getting in touch, I've just been running a few checks on your service and the bad news is that it looks like it's peak demand that's impacting your speeds and driving the latency at your new addressSmiley Sad

The good news is that networks have some upgrade work in the pipeline (tomorrow by the looks of things) which should start to help improve the situationSmiley Happy.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Nekomata
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 200mbps package - Massive packet loss and ping and getting 60mbps

hi things went better for a bit but now it's just the same

i just want stable internet

please

0 Kudos
Nekomata
Joining in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

currently getting 200kbps

guys, please sort your stuff out before conning people and adding them to an already inundated network

0 Kudos
Nekomata
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

25kbps

thanks for taking my money

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

a utilisation issues takes forever to be fixed, you can only hope that you were lucky enought to join up at the end of the upgrade, the team member seems to give that impression so fingers crossed!
0 Kudos
Nekomata
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

hi, it went okay for a bit but now it's completely unusable again

for god's sake, it's broken more than working

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

is it just in peak time? lets say 4pm - 11:30 pm for arguements sake?
0 Kudos
Nekomata
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

first i would like to apologise for losing my temper, that ain't good

it happens all around the clock

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello Nekomata,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

No need to apologise, I know these issues are frustrating. What's the latest from your end? It looks like fault has cleared up for now which is very encouraging. However if you're still struggling please let me know so I can investigate further.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos