Menu
JOHNLONDON1962
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3. 2.4g internet 5g no Internet, just on one machine

OK

So just got the new Superhub 3.  All good but after 24 hours it was clear that my notebook was happily connecting to the WiFi but it would say "Unidentified Network" and give me no internet access.

On the 3 there is only one network shown and the system auto switches.  After hours on to support (and being told that it's a problem with my kit despite the fact mine worked until the switch) one smart support person split the two networks and I can link happily now to the 2.4g and not loose internet.  Turns out I can't connect to 5g and it was the auto switching that was blocking me out.

So finally I can't connect to 5g.  My lenovo computer has an adaptor that should allow it and I connect elsewhere.  So what's the problem?  Any ideas?

best

J

0 Kudos
nin1977
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3. 2.4g internet 5g no Internet, just on one machine

*bump*

I am having the same issue but with my phone not being able to connect.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3. 2.4g internet 5g no Internet, just on one machine

Hi JOHNLONDON1962,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with connecting to the 5GHz wireless network.

Do other devices within the property connect to the 5 GHz network? 

Does the laptop find the network at all?

You mentioned that you can connect elsewhere, is that on another 5 GHz network or the 2.4 GHz network?

Do you know the make/model of the adaptor you are using?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos